PHOTOGRAPHS] SOCIÉTÉ ANONYME DE MARCINELLE & COUILLET - "Ateliers de construction de locomotives et machines fixes".
Set of 10 plates mounted on strong cardboard, printed text on reverse, +/- 11 x 17 cm. A few small and very marginal defects.
Founded in 1835 and located in the Borinage region, the S.A. des hauts-fourneaux, usines et charbonnages de Marcinelle et Couillet, was the largest company listed on the Brussels stock exchange in the mid-19th century. At the beginning of the following century, the collieries were separated from the metallurgical activities, the latter, including the construction of locomotives, being continued in 1907 by the S.A. des usines métallurgiques du Hainaut.